Car Sock Completed. I ended up crocheting the “chrome” down the side.
Car Sock to match ’56 Chevy…this picture is before chrome added to side. You can see the ridge all along the blue sole edge where stitches were picked up like for a heel flap/gusset. It was like one big long flap. (I would suggest using the circular needles at this point, like the pattern says…I didn’t and had problems with stitches fallilng off one needle right at the top of the gusset) The pattern is from the Favorite Socks book – Resoleable socks. It’s a good one for doing different solid colors on the bottom and top of a sock. Cascade Fixation yarn – size 3 needles. I like the stretchy cotton. “Chrome” is metallic DMC E415. I’m sewing it on with the sock stretched coz the DMC doesn’t stretch. This was a fun project, but I’m anxious to get started on a toe up sock – my first time doing that.